I finished another pair of Earl Greys for T:
The yarn is Twistle from The Yarn Yard, a (discontinued) high-twist merino/nylon sock yarn. The colours were perfect for socks for T, but because of the extra twist the yarn is only 400 yards to 100g, rather than the normal 400m, and that isn’t quite enough for T-sized socks, which is why one toe is plain grey. (It’s one two rather than both because I was weighing the yarn as I got to the end of the first sock, and was delighted to finish with exactly 50g left – only to weigh the completed sock and discover that it weighed 53g, so the skein must have been slightly over. But I couldn’t be bothered to unravel the first toe to make them match.) I won’t be trying to use the high-twist sock yarns for socks for T again!
I also finished this year’s Woolly Wormhead Mystery Hat. This is knitted in Fyberspates Vivacious DK in wonderful bright magenta.
I knitted the non-slouchy version but it’s still pretty slouchy, and the yarn is quite dense so it feels surprisingly heavy, particularly compared to the Tea Cake tam which is very light, but I like it a lot.
I used some of the leftovers to make myself a new keyring, as my sheep keyring has reached the stage where it looks like a blob of grubby fluff and a pipecleaner rather than an actual sheep.
I’m still plugging along on my Pi Shawl, but most of my knitting time over the last few days has been spent on Martina Behm‘s Trillian. I cast on for this on Wednesday evening, having finished T’s socks at knit night and needing something that I could knit on the bus on Thursday morning that didn’t require me to wind yarn; I’m using some Schaefer Anne in the “Virgina Woof” colourway that I wound a couple of months ago for a shawl that turned out to be too lacy for the variegated yarn to work well, but it’s perfect for the garter stitch of Trillian, and the pattern is absolutely addictive. I have even been taking it to bed with me to get a few more rows done before I put the light out!