After nearly five months, my Lady Heather is finished.
It was slow going to begin with, because the pattern is very intricate and it took me a long to really feel confident, though the second half went a lot faster and it would have been finished about a month ago if July hadn’t been so hot I couldn’t bear to work on it. I actually finished the knitting last week, but it’s been blocking since then.
It’s come out at a smidgen under eight feet long by two feet wide, so it’s really not surprising that it took a long time to knit. The yarn is BFL 4-ply from Ripples Crafts and I used 212g (I had two 150g skeins so I have enough left for some socks, or maybe a hat). It’s quite a woolly yarn, but not fuzzy, so the stitch pattern shows beautifully, and the result is a wrap that is lightweight but will still be warm to wear.
The pattern has instructions to sew buttons on to the shawl so it can be worn as a cardigan or shrug, and I did buy some purple shell buttons to put on mine, but it’s come out long enough that I think it would be difficult to wear it as anything other than a wrap, and I’m a bit worried about my ability to sew the buttons on neatly anyway, so I’ve decided not to bother with them. It’s not as though I don’t wear shawls as shawls a lot anyway!