After spending all of January with only one knitting project on the go at a time, today I threw caution to the winds and cast on not one but two new projects (in addition to the Doctor Foster socks I started last weekend).
I finally found a J-shawl I liked. It took me a while, because my Ravelry pattern search is set to return only knitting patterns, and it turns out that the shawl I want to make is Juliana.
I’m not much of a crocheter, but I do admire Laura‘s lovely shawls, and I know I can manage the basic stitches. It remains to be seen if I will actually manage to crochet an entire shawl, of course!
I also cast on for this vintage snood for my friend S, who isn’t a knitter but had spotted the pattern on eBay and been rather taken with it.
The original pattern calls for ‘lingerie braid’; thanks to a suggestion from Jane I’m using Colinette Giotto which I think is rather effective at getting the frilly effect.